Users earn new privileges as their Honor grows. These can be divided in a couple of groups:
- Authoring activities: a user is able to create new kata or translations.
- Beta process: a user can vote on ranking and satisfaction of beta kata. Votes of more privileged users have more power than the others.
- Content curation: a user can approve kata and translations after reviewing them, or edit kata to fix issues.
- Moderation: a user is able to mark comments as spoilers, unmark them, or mark issues as resolved.
Privileges are earned by reaching a certain level of Honor.
Required Honor Points
|Vote Kata||25||Vote on how satisfied you were with a kata|
|Mark comment as spoiler||50||Mark another's comment as a spoiler|
|Estimate ranking of own beta kata||75||Estimate on what rank you think your beta kata should be|
|Assess Rank||100||Vote on what rank you think a beta kata should be|
|Create Kata||300||Contribute your own kata to the community|
|Unmark comment as spoiler||500||Unmark another's comment as being a spoiler|
|Vote 2x power||1,000||Your vote counts 2x towards getting a kata out of beta|
|Vote 3x power||2,000||Your vote counts 3x towards getting a kata out of beta|
|Vote 4x power||3,000||Your vote counts 4x towards getting a kata out of beta|
|Coauthor Kata † / Approve Translation||4,000||Ability to edit other author's kata and approve translations|
|Resolve comment||5,000||Ability to resolve other's comments|
|Approve Kata||6,000||Ability to approve a beta kata and assign its rank|
|Edit locked test cases||10,000||Ability to edit test cases when they're locked|
† You can edit a kata created by others if:
- You have contributed to the kata in the past (you do not need to have a coauthoring privilege in this case) OR
- You have been granted coauthoring privilege and at least one of the following are true:
- The kata is in beta and waiting for approval
- The kata is in beta and the author have allowed contribution
- The kata is approved and unresolved issue/suggestion created over a week ago exists