Our awesome team of admins and moderators work tirelessly to keep the Codewars community in tip-top shape! Admins are Andela staff who created the platform, while moderators are a select group of talented community members empowered by admins to represent the community and keep Codewars safe.
Admins are Andela employees responsible for Codewars.
We look after:
- Development and maintenance of the Codewars platform and services, including Code Runner
- Leading and managing the moderator team
- Providing tools for the moderator team
- Enabling the Codewars community
- User and community support
- Trust and safety
- Nicola, Head of Community at Andela
- VanessaG (Vanessa, Community Coordinator at Andela)
- kazk (Kaz, Senior Software Developer at Andela)
- jhoffner (Jake, Senior Director of Talent Product at Andela)
They can be recognized by the symbol of a crown () displayed next to their username.
Our moderators are an amazing group of passionate and dedicated users who have earned the trust and respect of our admins through their years of hard work and contributions. They are responsible for supervising user activities and have access to powerful moderation tools and extra privileges. We are so grateful to work with them!
Example responsibilities include:
- Moderating discussions (on the platform and Discord)
- Managing submitted solutions (re-testing, flagging as cheats, etc.)
- First responders to cheaters, plagiarists, and users who do not play the game fairly
- Handling tier-one abuse reports
- Providing additional, specialised support
- Accepting and rejecting changes to the documentation
- Serving as intermediaries between users and admins
Moderators, like all other community members, must stick to the Codewars Code of Conduct, they can use the site as every other user and are obliged to play the game fair. Their moderator status may be revoked if they misbehave, violate rules, or abuse their privileges.
They can be recognized by the symbol of a shield () displayed next to their username.
How to get in touch
We're here to help! Reach out to the Andela and moderation teams on our Discord server. Have questions or need support? Simply contact #contact-mods on Discord. If your query involves personal information, our support team is here to assist via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issues related to specific content (kata, translations, or solutions) that can be addressed only by moderators and admins can be reported on our content issues board GitHub.
All kinds of issues related to the Codewars platform are to be reported on GitHub using an appropriate issue template if available. There are already issues dedicated to handling spammers and cheaters.
If you have any concerns that you feel should be kept private or addressed by our admins, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Our top priority is keeping everything secure, so please check out our security policy for any security-related issues.